2021 Springboard into Fall
Ballet, Pointe/Pre-Pointe and Conditioning
Ages 12 and up
The Springboard into Fall will prepare intermediate to advanced students to hit the ground dancing at full strength by the start of the school year! Ballet will build strength while focusing on the fundamentals of ballet technique and placement, with special attention to safe jumping mechanics. The pointe/pre-pointe and conditioning class will focus on the lower limb strength and articulation, and will integrate other essential conditioning exercises. This class series will not only set your dancer up for their healthiest start to the school year, but will also provide them with a conditioning practice that will serve their dancing well all year long.
Minimum of 5 years of current dance training, or attainment of an intermediate level of ballet technique. Inquire with Dance Fremont if unsure of level.
COVID-19 note: We hope to hold summer classes partially or wholly in-person. However, safety is our first priority, and Dance Fremont will take into account the vaccination rate vs the infection rate and the effect of new virus variations before making any final decisions. If we are in-person, we will present a remote option for anyone who feels that is not an appropriate option for themselves.
Tuition Payment & Policies
There is a $20 registration fee per family. To reserve a place in the summer program 50% of the tuition of the workshop is due by June 11, 2021. The remaining tuition is due on the first day of the workshop. Registrations will be accepted after June 11 on a space-available basis only, with full tuition due with registration. Click here for our full Tuition & Payment Policies.
Traditionally, female ballet students wear a leotard uniform and male ballet students wear a white shirt uniform. Dance Fremont students may wear the uniform option they feel most comfortable in.
- Leotard uniform: any solid color leotard, convertible tights and ballet slippers in ballet pink or dancer’s skin tone for ballet and pre-pointe/conditioning, pointe shoes for pointe (if applicable).
- White shirt uniform: footless black tights or leggings with briefs, white fitted t-shirt and white ankle socks with white ballet slippers for ballet and pre-pointe/conditioning.
- Long hair must be pulled back into a bun, short hair that falls into the face must be secured out of the face. For textured hair, braided or twisted styles that either do not reach to the shoulder or are in a secure bun are also appropriate.
- Loose ponytails or buns held with only a hairtie are not acceptable.
- No jewelry should be worn in class. This includes watches or anything distracting on the wrist, necklaces or large earrings (valuables should be left at home).
- For their own safety, students may not take class in stocking feet.