2022 Pointe Jumpstart
Ages 11 and up
For dancers who are interested in starting pointe, or have recently started pointe, this is an opportunity to focus on your strength and technique to get a jump start on your school year pointework! The program will augment ballet class with training focused on building foot strength and articulation, core strength, and more. It is ideal for dancers who have started pointe in the last year or two and want to gain confidence in their pointe shoes, and for dancers who are interested in starting pointe and want to build the necessary strength and skill to bring their goal closer! Dancers will receive an individualized assessment of their pointe readiness or their pointe technique at the end of the program.
Tuition Payment & Policies
To reserve a place in the summer program, tuition is due by June 11, 2022. Registrations will be accepted after June 11 on a space-available basis only. There is a $20 registration fee per family. Click here for our full Tuition & Payment Policies.
Traditionally, female ballet students wear a leotard uniform and male ballet students wear a white shirt uniform. Dance Fremont students may wear the uniform option they feel most comfortable in.
- Leotard uniform: any solid color leotard, convertible tights and ballet slippers in ballet pink or dancer’s skin tone for ballet and pre-pointe/conditioning, pointe shoes for pointe (if applicable).
- White shirt uniform: footless black tights or leggings with briefs, white fitted t-shirt and white ankle socks with white ballet slippers for ballet and pre-pointe/conditioning.
- Long hair must be pulled back into a bun, short hair that falls into the face must be secured out of the face. For textured hair, braided or twisted styles that either do not reach to the shoulder or are in a secure bun are also appropriate.
- Loose ponytails or buns that need constant adjustment and are distracting are not appropriate.
- No jewelry should be worn in class. This includes watches or anything distracting on the wrist, necklaces or large earrings (valuables should be left at home).