2021 Pointe Jumpstart
Ages 11 and up
For dancers who are interested in starting pointe, or have recently started pointe, this is an opportunity to focus on your strength and technique to get a jump start on your school year pointework! The program will augment ballet class with training focused on building foot strength and articulation, core strength, and more. It is ideal for dancers who have started pointe in the last year or two and want to gain confidence in their pointe shoes, and for dancers who are interested in starting pointe and want to build the necessary strength and skill to bring their goal closer! Dancers will receive an individualized assessment of their pointe readiness or their pointe technique at the end of the program.
COVID-19 note: We hope to hold these classes partially or wholly in-person. However, safety is our first priority, and Dance Fremont will take into account the vaccination rate vs the infection rate and the effect of new virus variations before making any final decisions. If we are in-person, we will present a remote option for anyone who feels that is not an appropriate option for themselves.
Tuition Payment & Policies
There is a $20 registration fee per family. To reserve a place in the summer program 50% of the tuition of the workshop is due by June 11, 2021. The remaining tuition is due on the first day of the workshop. Registrations will be accepted after June 11 on a space-available basis only, with full tuition due with registration. Click here for our full Tuition & Payment Policies.
Traditionally, female ballet students wear a leotard uniform and male ballet students wear a white shirt uniform. Dance Fremont students may wear the uniform option they feel most comfortable in.
- Leotard uniform: any solid color leotard, convertible tights and ballet slippers in ballet pink or dancer’s skin tone for ballet and pre-pointe/conditioning, pointe shoes for pointe (if applicable).
- White shirt uniform: footless black tights or leggings with briefs, white fitted t-shirt and white ankle socks with white ballet slippers for ballet and pre-pointe/conditioning.
- Long hair must be pulled back into a bun, short hair that falls into the face must be secured out of the face. For textured hair, braided or twisted styles that either do not reach to the shoulder or are in a secure bun are also appropriate.
- Loose ponytails or buns held with only a hairtie are not acceptable.
- No jewelry should be worn in class. This includes watches or anything distracting on the wrist, necklaces or large earrings (valuables should be left at home).
- For their own safety, students may not take class in stocking feet.