2021 Intermediate-Advanced Workshop
Technique, Conditioning, and Repertory
Ages 14 and up
This month-long program will provide intermediate and advanced students with the opportunity to dive holistically into their dance practice, deepening their mind/body connection to support their artistic goals. Dancers will take class in ballet and contemporary dance techniques, and alternate weeks between exploring conditioning modalities to be a strong, healthy dancer, and developing their artistry by learning and performing repertory.
Weeks 1 and 3, Technique and Conditioning: will include experiences such as Pilates, Yoga, injury prevention with a Physical Therapist, Progressing Ballet Technique, and more.
Weeks 2 and 4, Technique and Repertory: dancers will develop their creativity and artistic voice by learning and interpreting repertory from classic to contemporary, culminating in a showing at the end of each week.
COVID-19 note: We hope to hold these classes partially or wholly in-person. However, safety is our first priority, and Dance Fremont will take into account the vaccination rate vs the infection rate and the effect of new virus variations before making any final decisions. If we are in-person, we will present a remote option for anyone who feels that is not an appropriate option for themselves.
Tuition Payment & Policies
There is a $20 registration fee per family. To reserve a place in the summer program 50% of the tuition of the workshop is due by June 11, 2021. The remaining tuition is due on the first day of the workshop. Registrations will be accepted after June 11 on a space-available basis only, with full tuition due with registration. Click here for our full Tuition & Payment Policies.
Traditionally, female ballet students wear a leotard uniform and male ballet students wear a white shirt uniform. Dance Fremont students may wear the uniform option they feel most comfortable in.
- Leotard uniform: any solid color leotard, convertible tights and ballet slippers in ballet pink or dancer’s skin tone for ballet and pre-pointe/conditioning, pointe shoes for pointe (if applicable).
- White shirt uniform: footless black tights or leggings with briefs, white fitted t-shirt and white ankle socks with white ballet slippers for ballet and pre-pointe/conditioning.
- Long hair must be pulled back into a bun, short hair that falls into the face must be secured out of the face. For textured hair, braided or twisted styles that either do not reach to the shoulder or are in a secure bun are also appropriate.
- Loose ponytails or buns held with only a hairtie are not acceptable.
- No jewelry should be worn in class. This includes watches or anything distracting on the wrist, necklaces or large earrings (valuables should be left at home).
- For their own safety, students may not take class in stocking feet.