2017 Advanced Contemporary Dance Intensive
Ballet, Modern, Dance Anatomy, Pointe, Jazz Dance & Dance Conditioning/Yoga
A two-week dance intensive for the advanced and high intermediate dancer which intends to challenge and educate the serious, young aspiring dancer in Ballet, Modern, Dance Anatomy (integrated into Ballet and Conditioning classes) Pointe, Jazz Dance, Dance Conditioning and Yoga for Dancers. Students will also have special topics seminars covering subjects such as injury screening/prevention, dancer health, stage makeup, and others TBA. Students´ families are invited to a showing of work on the last day of the intensive. Students may attend both weeks, or week one only. For Dance Fremont Level VI students interested in being a Fremont Danceworks company member, attendance at both weeks is mandatory. Click here to register.
Minimum of six years of current ballet training or attainment of an advanced level of ballet technique..
- Both Weeks: August 7-18
- First Week: August 7-11
Day & Time:
- Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Both Weeks: $1175
- First Week Only: $650
- Date: Sunday, March 5, 2017 & March 19, 2017
- Time: 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Audition Fee: $25
Students unable to attend the audition, may send in a 10 minute video link or dvd that includes the following:
- At the Barre: (In pointe shoes if applicable) plies in 1st, 2nd & 5th positions, battement tendu combination, rond de jambe a terre with fondu, developpe en croix, grand battement en croix.
- At the Center: Adagio including developpes, waltz combination including pirouettes en dehors and en dedans, petit allegro and grand allegro.
Materials will not be returned unless student attends the program and requests return. Students will be notified of acceptance into the program two weeks after receiving materials
Tuition Payment & Policies
Early Bird 10% discount for tuition paid in full by April 29, 2017. To reserve a place in the summer program 50% of the tuition of the intensive is due by June 12, 2017. The remaining tuition is due on the first day of the intensive. Registrations will be accepted after June 12 on a space-available basis only, with full tuition due with registration. Click here for our full Tuition & Payment Policies.
- Ladies may wear any solid color leotard, pink convertible tights and ballet slippers for ballet, pointe shoes for pointe (if applicable), and jazz shoes for jazz.
- Gentlemen may wear black tights, dance belt, white fitted t-shirt and white stockings with white ballet slippers for ballet, and jazz shoes for jazz.
- All dancers will be barefoot for modern.
- Long hair must be pulled back into a bun, short hair that falls into the face must be secured out of the face.
Lunch & Snacks
Students must bring their own snacks and lunch. As this is a vigorous, full-day program, proper nutrition is essential for maintaining energy for the whole day. Breaks will be provided to eat and refresh, however students are not allowed off the Dance Fremont premises during the day.
Room & Board
Home stays with Dance Fremont families are available for a limited amount of out-of- town students. Cost for room, board and transportation to and from Dance Fremont is $350 for one week and $600 for two weeks. Subject to availability.